Notifications
Clear all

What are some of the weirdest guitarists you've ever seen ?

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Garrard
(@garrard)
Active Member Member
Topic starter  

Recently while watching guitar playing videos I came across one of Adrian Vandenberg’s playing videos and I was shocked when he started using his own teeth to play the guitar while feeling a pain in my own teeth! This is the first time I’ve seen this kind of weird strumming and I wanted to ask if there are any other weird strums like this?

(@admin)
Member Moderator

1. Playing with a Bow: Using a violin bow to create eerie sounds, made famous by Jimmy Page of Led Zeppelin.

2. Two-Hand Tapping: Eddie Van Halen's technique where both hands tap the fretboard for rapid notes.

3. Slide Guitar: Using a slide (like a glass or metal tube) for a smooth, gliding sound, common in blues.

4. Playing Behind the Head or Back: Showmanship technique used by Jimi Hendrix and Stevie Ray Vaughan.

5. Body Percussion: Tapping the guitar body for rhythmic sounds, seen in acoustic and flamenco styles.

6. Using Objects: Strumming or picking with coins, credit cards, or tools for unique effects.

7. Prepared Guitar: Altering the guitar with objects on the strings for avant-garde sounds.

These techniques highlight the innovative ways guitarists create diverse and unique sounds with their instruments.

ReplyQuote
Latisha
(@latisha)
Active Member Member

That's interesting! I haven't seen Vandenberg play with his teeth either. Another guitarist to check out is Jimi Hendrix. He was known for playing behind his back and even with his teeth. It's amazing how these guitarists come up with such unconventional techniques.

ReplyQuote
Share: