Studio One 6 crashes when changing song

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Altonlous
(@altonlous)
Active Member Member
Topic starter  

Since I moved to PC with Win11, S1 crashes when I change a song. It launches the new song, but after a few moments, it show weird behaviour, followed by an error message and a crash. I always need to close the app too and re-start with the new project. It´s not a huge problem, but the issue is there too, when I import data from other songs, revert to an older version or load a lot of track presets.
I contacted support about this and although they are reacting pretty fast, we turn around in circles. I tried all the usual tasks. Deactivating ARA, Vst3, Vst2, disconnecting all external devices and, and, and...But nothing chances. Now support suggests to de-install all 3rd party plug ins and install them again, which would be a complete pain and I´m not really convinced it would solve the problem. I´ld rather continue to shut down S1 and re-start it everytime.
I´m not very experienced with PCs, because I´m a long time Mac user. Does anybody of you have an idea, what this might cause ?

Mackiesl
(@mackiesl)
Active Member Member

Whether you like this answer or not, usually when S1 crashes is because a plugin. It can even happen that an ilok one isn't activated and forces to crash.
Now, when it crashes, do you get the dialogue telling you it crashed and if you want to load in safe mode? After loading in safe mode, did you try the same and get same results?
I don't know how you go from one project to another but is your process: a) Save Project / b) Close Project / c) Open (New) Project. Rather than just go and open a new project on top of the existing one?
Do you load it from the file menu or from the quick load menu?
In projects settings do you chose them to be saved in a new (single) folder? Or you go just "Save as...") Try saving them in a folder, this recommendation isn't solution at all, but maybe, maybe.

ReplyQuote
Altonlous
(@altonlous)
Active Member Member
Topic starter  

Posted by: @mackiesl

Whether you like this answer or not, usually when S1 crashes is because a plugin. It can even happen that an ilok one isn't activated and forces to crash.
Now, when it crashes, do you get the dialogue telling you it crashed and if you want to load in safe mode? After loading in safe mode, did you try the same and get same results?
I don't know how you go from one project to another but is your process: a) Save Project / b) Close Project / c) Open (New) Project. Rather than just go and open a new project on top of the existing one?
Do you load it from the file menu or from the quick load menu?
In projects settings do you chose them to be saved in a new (single) folder? Or you go just "Save as...") Try saving them in a folder, this recommendation isn't solution at all, but maybe, maybe.

Thanks a lot for the suggestions. I‘ll definitely try to save to the new folder option.

I know that plugins are usually the reason, so I disabled ARA and both Vst versions in safe mode and created two small test projects with Presonus plugins only. It still crashes when I alter between these two.

Yep, save, close and open from the file menu.

It‘s weird, because besides changing projects and importing data, S1 is very stable, even with big orchestral projects and lots of different 3rd party vsts.

ReplyQuote
Mackiesl
(@mackiesl)
Active Member Member

Posted by: @altonlous

Thanks a lot for the suggestions. I‘ll definitely try to save to the new folder option.

I know that plugins are usually the reason, so I disabled ARA and both Vst versions in safe mode and created two small test projects with Presonus plugins only. It still crashes when I alter between these two.

Yep, save, close and open from the file menu.

It‘s weird, because besides changing projects and importing data, S1 is very stable, even with big orchestral projects and lots of different 3rd party vsts.

That's really weird indeed, I have your same OS specs.

Did you try saving into a new location? Like save two projects in another disk and try swapping between those two projects.

ReplyQuote
Share: