When playing the notes just isn't enough

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Deborah
(@zane)
Active Member Member
Topic starter  

This question goes out to all the great music creators i have heard here on VI. How the bloody hell do you get it to sound so real? Modulation, Articulations, Sample Quality? I struggle to get it over the finish line so after trying for days/weeks and watching countless videos, they go into the ever growing vault of unfinished work.

As short or as long as you like to explain, I am more than willing to learn.

Cheers

Berkowitz
(@berkowitz)
Active Member Member

Posted by: @zane

This question goes out to all the great music creators i have heard here on VI. How the bloody hell do you get it to sound so real? Modulation, Articulations, Sample Quality? I struggle to get it over the finish line so after trying for days/weeks and watching countless videos, they go into the ever growing vault of unfinished work.

As short or as long as you like to explain, I am more than willing to learn.

Cheers

My own small take... When the pandemic hit I decided to do some training on music production, mixing, mastering. That was, for me, the 'secret sauce' that took whatever performances to something that approached a finished product. You can focus all you want on 'modulation, articulations, sample quality', performance, phrasing, etc., but you need to learn the production side of things to polish it up and make it ready for the world. (Or, in my case, for my little world of friends and family.) Not the sexiest part of the making music, but essential, in the end.

ReplyQuote
Share: