2 Users
0 Likes
(@robertjno)
Active Member Member
Topic starter  

Hi,

Has anyone on here had any experience with the Yorkville Mobile8 speaker :-

https://yorkville.com/loudspeakers/e.../exm-mobile-8/

I have recently been trying out a Bose S1 speaker and have found it to exceed my expectations from such a small lightweight speaker. This has made me curious to check out what other similar options are available. After doing some searching I came across the Yorkville EXM Mobile8 portable speaker and it would appear to have the edge over the S1.
The EXM Mobile8 use an 8" woofer (vs the 6" in the S1) and a coax 5"/1" drivers vs the three 2.25" drivers in the Bose. The Yorkville has a higher spl of 117db continuous/123db peak vs 103dB of the Bose along with extended frequency response of 60hz-20kz compared to 70hz-16khz of the S1. The Yorkville also claims a longer max battery life of 20hours vs 11 hours of the Bose. Both speakers have a similar weight and both offer matching subs.
At the moment, I'm using Alto TS210's as a keyboard amp/wedge monitor and as FOH for small acoustic gigs running up to 4 vocals, keys and upright/electric bass guitar through them at moderate volumes. The Alto's handle this surprisingly well but I'm always looking to improve my setup whilst also looking to cut down on size/weight where possible.  When I tried out the Bose S1 I was very surprised to hear it had at least as much output as the Alto TS210's whilst also sounding a little fuller with greater clarity. I did notice that when I was doing a stress test that it naturally had much higher port buzzing when driving bass synth patches through them at reasonably loud volumes! This was to be expected though and I'm not really needing this for FOH on the small acoustic gigs. 

I would love to try out the Yorkville EXM-Mobile8 but due to living in the UK this would potentially make returns expensive if I didn't like it!!
Has anyone on here had any experience with the Yorkville EXM-Mobile8?
Has anyone even compared it to either the Bose S1 or Alto TS210?

(@reginald)
New Member Member

Posted by: @robertjno

Hi,

Has anyone on here had any experience with the Yorkville Mobile8 speaker :-

https://yorkville.com/loudspeakers/e.../exm-mobile-8/

I have recently been trying out a Bose S1 speaker and have found it to exceed my expectations from such a small lightweight speaker. This has made me curious to check out what other similar options are available. After doing some searching I came across the Yorkville EXM Mobile8 portable speaker and it would appear to have the edge over the S1.
The EXM Mobile8 use an 8" woofer (vs the 6" in the S1) and a coax 5"/1" drivers vs the three 2.25" drivers in the Bose. The Yorkville has a higher spl of 117db continuous/123db peak vs 103dB of the Bose along with extended frequency response of 60hz-20kz compared to 70hz-16khz of the S1. The Yorkville also claims a longer max battery life of 20hours vs 11 hours of the Bose. Both speakers have a similar weight and both offer matching subs.
At the moment, I'm using Alto TS210's as a keyboard amp/wedge monitor and as FOH for small acoustic gigs running up to 4 vocals, keys and upright/electric bass guitar through them at moderate volumes. The Alto's handle this surprisingly well but I'm always looking to improve my setup whilst also looking to cut down on size/weight where possible.  When I tried out the Bose S1 I was very surprised to hear it had at least as much output as the Alto TS210's whilst also sounding a little fuller with greater clarity. I did notice that when I was doing a stress test that it naturally had much higher port buzzing when driving bass synth patches through them at reasonably loud volumes! This was to be expected though and I'm not really needing this for FOH on the small acoustic gigs. 

I would love to try out the Yorkville EXM-Mobile8 but due to living in the UK this would potentially make returns expensive if I didn't like it!!
Has anyone on here had any experience with the Yorkville EXM-Mobile8?
Has anyone even compared it to either the Bose S1 or Alto TS210?

EXM is louder than Bose but the two deal breakers are: No user replaceable battery. This speaker is more $$$ than Bose and eventually you will need a new battery, No App. Almost all new speakers are coming with an App that has future growth through Firmware updates.
Have you looked at the Mackie Thump Go? Louder than the S1Pro and just as clean at high volumes. Bose does have a smoother midrange. For not much more $$ than the EXM the new JBL MK2 is many leagues above the EXM! Don't know if you want to go that heavy - 42Lbs but the sound is worth it!!

ReplyQuote
Share: