Any recommendation ...

Notifications
Clear all

Any recommendation on melody & harmony analysis software/plugins?

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Arellano
(@arellano)
Active Member Member
Topic starter  

I've been searching for a while trying to find a great music theory analysis software/plugin. :help:

I can't read music sheets fast, and I'm not familiar with all the major/minor scales, so it takes me tens of seconds to recognize what a chord is and its root's scale step, function etc., and doing music theory analysis and learning is somewhat painful to me. So I'm looking for a music theory analysis tool to help me.

The common tools such as Scaler 2, Captain Chords etc. don't relate melody with harmony, and are not what I really need. For now, the best candidate is hookpad, which is simple yet straight and clear about harmony and melody relationships. I also tried RapidComposer, but it's overkill for me, let alone its UI and using experience are not so good.

Maybe I should explain my needs more clearly. I want these features:
1. Chord track (best if uses Roman numerals for mark)
2. Scale helper on piano roll (best if uses scale steps for labeling, or at least highlights tonal note and hide not used out-of-scale notes)

I wonder if anyone has other recommendations, thanks a lot!

Matthew
(@matthew)
Active Member Member

Posted by: @arellano

I can't read music sheets fast, and I'm not familiar with all the major/minor scales, so it takes me tens of seconds to recognize what a chord is and its root's scale step, function etc., and doing music theory analysis and learning is somewhat painful to me. So I'm looking for a music theory analysis tool to help me.

Check out the popular Scaler 2 plugin from Plugin Boutique, also Studio One and Cubase DAWs have a chord track and scale lock/assistant, but also consider developing your own skills:
https://www.earmaster.com/
(half price for the next day)

ReplyQuote
Arellano
(@arellano)
Active Member Member
Topic starter  

@matthew

Thanks, I'm definitely gonna try both sides! I'm using Studio One and owns Cubase Elements, they do have chord track and scale assistant, but I just want something more straight, just like the hookpad. Maybe I'll use that if I can't find other alternatives.

ReplyQuote
Matthew
(@matthew)
Active Member Member

Hookpad is pretty good!

ReplyQuote
Share: