Will anyone take on Kontakt?

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Herndez
(@herndez)
Active Member Member
Topic starter  

By this I mean that I have found the Spitfire free orchestra player, the Synchron Player, Musio and OPUS all to miles ahead of Kontact in useability: maybe I was put off Kontact by the sizing issue. But since I fell for the “Oh its all so much better in K7” and upgraded to it I still find it incredibly clunky and joyless to use.
Whereas for each of the above named proprietary players I have found I can happily spend hours with it.

Hence the question. Do you think anyone of the above (or others) game to open up their player to 3rd parties and thus give Kontact a real competitor?

Maloney
(@maloney)
Active Member Member

Posted by: @herndez

Do you think anyone of the above (or others) game to open up their player to 3rd parties and thus give Kontact a real competitor?

It’s hard to see what those companies would gain from opening up their players to 3rd parties. Yes, they could earn some fees from companies using their player but I’m not sure it would be worthwhile.
Besides they don’t really compete vs. Native Instruments. They compete against each other. So there isn’t that much incentive to “attack” NI by making their player a Kontakt competitor.
I think OT, Spitfire etc. are thinking it will be too much trouble compared to the extra revenue. Plus it would divert their attention away from their core activity: Making sample libraries.

ReplyQuote
Share: