3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Alexandra
(@alexandra)
Active Member Member
Topic starter  

Hey All,

I'm in desperate need of a solid pair of studio monitors. I'm not looking to break the bank here. I'd say $250 each is my financial limit. What I want to avoid most: monitors that have too much low-end. It drives me insane. I work in a very small space (about 8x8) -- so low-end gets built up very easily...I'm going to install a bass trap soon -- but until then, I need solid set of monitors for mixing.

Thanks!

Lawrence
(@lawrence)
Active Member Member

Posted by: @alexandra

Hey All,

I'm in desperate need of a solid pair of studio monitors. I'm not looking to break the bank here. I'd say $250 each is my financial limit. What I want to avoid most: monitors that have too much low-end. It drives me insane. I work in a very small space (about 8x8) -- so low-end gets built up very easily...I'm going to install a bass trap soon -- but until then, I need solid set of monitors for mixing.

Thanks!

I completely understand where you might be coming from, Ive had much success working with a pair these bad boys!! Check them out here https://primesound.org/best-studio-monitors-under-500/

Powered near-field 5” monitors featuring 100W per pair, max. rated SPL of 110 dB, X-ART tweeter, double bass reflex tubes, analog XLR and RCA inputs.

Adam Audio A5X
Hope you find this useful!

ReplyQuote
Gregory
(@gregory)
Active Member Member

Hi there,

You have a few options in that price range. Considering the size of your room, I wouldn't suggest a speaker any bigger than 6".

KRK: The Rokits are the ones in that price range. 5's are $150 each and 6's are $200 each. I own the 6's and I know they are a bit bassy, I've never tried the 5's so I can't tell you if they're less bassy. Just had to put the KRK's out because I own them and I personally love them.

Presonus: They have a 5" monitor that runs at about $150 each. They're called the Presonus Eris. Their frequency response is supposed to be flat. I've read reviews on them that say that for the price, they're really great. I think you can demo them at any Guitar Center.

Yamaha: They have the HS50's. If their frequency response is anything like the HS80's (which it's pretty close) They are pretty flat. They tend not to make your stuff sound "pretty" like other monitors I've heard. They're pretty accurate, which is great. I haven't heard the new versions that came out (HS5's) but I heard they're not the same. I think the HS50's run about $200 each if you can find them.

Hope this was helpful.

ReplyQuote
Share: