Why do I hate jazz ??

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
Maloney
(@maloney)
Active Member Member
Topic starter  

I am well aware that this title here is a bit provocative and maybe even a bit inappropriate. I'm not trying to alienate the community, but I really want to understand what nobody has been able to explain to me yet...

When I say that, people always try to make me listen to jazz pieces to show me that it's not that I don't like them, it's that I don't know the right ones. But nothing helps. What is it about jazz that makes me appreciate classical music so much and jazz music or any "jazzy" piece so little? I should mention that the feeling I get from this music is the same for gospel, negro spiritual etc. Any ideas?

To illustrate a little, I was playing a video game and in a tavern there was this music (see below) that immediately horrified me. I don't know if it's really jazz, but there's this haunting and plaintive side that I find absolutely unbearable.

https://youtu.be/v8xVjavW6fg

Thank you for your possible answers and please try to understand and explain rather than trying to convince me that I do like jazz (if you can!) 

Share: